Only a few more days until this month's Awesome Calgary Thousand Dollar Thursday and without further ado, here's this month's AF-Calgary Top4 Finalists and Honourable Mentions, in no particular order:
- The Big Green Puppet Bus by Sean Fraser: "A travelling Puppet Theatre teaching environmental conservation to families and school kids."
- Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day 2013 by Richard Link: "Mountain bikes, little kids and a party. What could be better?"
- Play It Forward Projects by Darlene Fedyna: "Free Sport Spectacular Summer Camp."
- The Neighbourhood Project: An Epilogue for 809 Gallery by Caitlind Brown: "A community-based experiment re-imagining domestic spaces, eight curators and 30 artists are transforming 11 houses scheduled for demolition into temporary art, installation, and performance spaces at the end of April 2013."
- Hip Hop Innovation by Rebecca Dawn: "Indie rock meets Hip Hop: multi-element, multi-media event for all ages."
- YYC Burger Week by Sabahat Naureen: "A week-long friendly competition between YYC's best burgers!"
- Gotwood Field Invitational by Tony Grimes: "Five hand-made, laser cut Settlers of Catan game boards, each given as gifts or tournament prizes to local gamer groups."
A reminder that this month's Thousand Dollar Thursday is presented in partnership with the Calgary Public Library and the Calgary Public Library Foundation, and will be at the Memorial Park Library, second floor on Thursday, February 28. Come see the Top4 Finalists for this month pitch their ideas for a chance to win a $1,000 no-strings-attached micro-grant to make their idea a reality! Doors open at 6 p.m. and we hope to see you there.
- What: February 2013 Awesome Calgary Thousand Dollar Thursday presented in partnership with the Calgary Public Library and the Calgary Public Library Foundation.
- Where: Memorial Park Library (1221 - 2 Street SW), Second Floor
- When: Thursday, February 28, 2013. Doors open at 6 p.m.
- RSVP: CPL, Facebook, Yelp
Also, we're officially recruiting again for 2013! If you're interested in joining the team or simply want to learn more about becoming an AF-Calgary Trustee or Volunteer, send a message to email@example.com. We'd love to hear from you!
Finally, we're now taking submissions for our March 2013 prize. If you have an Awesome Idea that you'd like to submit for consideration, fill out this handy-dandy web form.