As we say goodbye to year two and start on the road to year three here at AF-Calgary, this month we'll be awarding our 25th $1,000 micro-grant on a special date: Wednesday, May 22.
With that in mind, here are this month's Top4 Finalists and Honourable Mentions, in no particular order:
- BuckTeeth: Oral Hygiene with a Social Conscience by Kyle MacQuarrie: "Receive a new toothbrush to your door every three months while making a philanthropic donation of four toothbrushes to a chosen charitable organization."
- Pavo Concertus by Ravi Mani: "Junk Yard Wars + Pickup Truck + Peacocks + Pianos = Peacock art truck with an array of lights and sound."
- Largest Potluck Challenge by Anneke Scholten: "To promote the importance of Eating Together, we will attempt to break the Guinness World Record for Largest Potluck!"
- 2013 People's Poetry Festival by Shannon McClennan: "A free, three-day celebration of poetry in Calgary for young and old, amateur and beyond!"
- Song of Life by Daniel Okpala: "Music for a Cause."
Again, please note that this month's Awesome Calgary Pitch Night takes place on a special date: Wednesday, May 22 at the Endeavor Arts and Events Space.
- What: Awesome Calgary May 2013 Pitch Night
- Where: Endeavor Arts & Events Space (#200, 1290 - 1 Street SW)
- When: Wednesday, May 22, 2013. Doors open at 6 p.m.
Finally, we're accepting submissions for our June grant, and the deadline for that is Monday, June 10. Apply here.
In June, we'll be returning to our regular fourth-Thursday-of-the-month schedule and it'll be a special month for us as the Canadian chapters of The Awesome Foundation have declared Thursday, June 27 as Awesome Day in Canada! It'll be a fun one for sure. Stay tuned for more details.
Hope to see you out on Wednesday!