The Potluck Pageant by Mark Jeffery
An event to disarm the overwhelm around eating healthy while creating community. Local business prepares and shares healthy food - you will eat well and leave inspired!
- We're an event which empowers people in their diet! The event gives you the confidence to prepare simple recipes that you've tried and know you enjoy!
- We're creating community between local business with the audience who seeks their advice and expertise in eating well.
- We want to have a fun night out without the bars! People try every dish and vote for their favourite recipe which will be crowned, Best in Show! A fun drag queen performance entertains after crowning a winner! Why not?
- You leave with a cook book containing the recipes you tried with the contact information of the business which prepared it so you may find them at a later date!
How the $1,000 will be spent:
We will use the $1000 to book a venue and cover some signage costs (the rest being sponsored by participants).
I am passionate about creating fabulous juice bars/gathering places and to help cut the confusion around food. I want to enliven Calgary and to support individuals in their well being!
Ready to vote?
Again, to sum up:
- We’ll post this round’s submission pool here at awesomecalgary.org on the morning of Monday, November 18 for your perusal.
- You’ll read through all of the submissions and pick (and most importantly, rank) your Top4 favourites, or in other words, the four submissions you’d like to see be invited to pitch at our final Pitch Night of 2013.
- You’ll submit your ranked Top4 picks to us no later than midnight on Saturday, November 30 through an online ballot form to be released alongside the idea submissions on Nov 18.
- We’ll tally up the results and announce the final set of Top4 Finalists for 2013 here on the blog along with our Pitch Night date and venue on the morning of Monday, December 2.
For more information on how this will all work (including FAQs), check out our blog announcement.
All eligible submissions can be found here.
The deadline for voting is midnight on Saturday, November 30 and the online ballot form can be found here. Make sure to read through them all!
Which four ideas would you like to see pitch for a $1,000 no-strings-attached micro-grant? Now’s your chance to make your voice heard!