Only a few days away now until we celebrate our Second Anniversary, so without further ado, here are our Top4 Finalists and Honourable Mentions for April 2013, in no particular order:
- Pavo Concertus by Isabel Chan: "Transform a pickup truck into a peacock pipe organ with pitch-synchronized LEDs."
- Dartwars by Ryan McEathron: "A one-month long non-stop Nerf fight."
- Give A Mile by Kevin Crowe: "Give a Mile is a Not-For-Profit looking to enable people to visit terminally ill friends and family through micro-donations of travel points."
- 24 Hour Clarkson by Seth Leon: "One Band (Jeremy Clarkson, Ben and Seth Leon), 24 consecutive performances in 24 different locations in 24 hours."
- Sprout by Stu Mason: "We educate and enable Calgarians to make greener everyday purchases! We're striving to make Calgary a future sustainability leader!"
- Sharing Stories by River Wearmouth: "Sharing personal stories and creating a connected community."
- Fair Trade Calgary by Janalee Morris-Wales: "Fair Trade Calgary will host a fair trade film screening and fair trade market to promote World Fair Trade Day."
- Roller Ball or Pedal Ball by Kevan Leycraft: "A seven-foot globe a person a person gets inside, sits down and pedals!"
- Yarn Wristband Machine by Jason Bedard: "I want to build a machine that makes event entry wristbands from yarn and then automatically ties this fibre creation to a person's wrist."
- THE REGENERATOR by Michael Kho: "A generator that requires no gas!"
Please join us as we celebrate two whole years of awesomeness in our city. We'll have a few of our past winners helping us with the festivities, live entertainment, and of course, what kind of a birthday party would this be if we didn't have a little cake?
- What: Awesome Calgary's Second Anniversary $1,000 Thursday Bash!
- Where: Endeavor Arts & Event Space (1290 - 1 Street SW)
- When: Thursday, April 25, 2013. Doors open at 6 p.m. Program starts at 6:30 p.m.
- RSVP: Facebook and Yelp
A reminder that we're now accepting submissions for the month of May. If you'd like to submit an idea to Awesome Calgary for consideration, fill out this handy-dandy web form! The May submission deadline is Friday, May 10, 2013 at 11:59 p.m.
And finally, there's still time to be a Guest Trustee for our Second Anniversary! A Guest Trustee gets all of the voting rights that our normal full-time Trustees get, but only for one month and we still have a couple of slots available for this occasion. If you're interested in participating in this very special role at this month's event, let us know! (PS: We're also on the look out for full-time Trustees too, plus a bunch of volunteers to help us dominate year three!)