Don’t you hate it when you run the numbers through three times and get three different results?
Regardless, the people have spoken and here are our final Top4 Finalists and Honourable Mentions of 2013, in alphabetical order according to YOU the voters:
- Girls Gone Wilde by Urban Curvs: “Girls Gone Wilde Late Night Cabaret is a tongue in cheek evening of performances created by female artists or with a strong female perspective.”
- Kmitt by Sunrise Community Link Resource Centre: “To raise awareness about poverty in Calgary through the sale of locally knitted mittens by folks who have experienced poverty firsthand themselves.”
- The Potluck Pageant by Mark Jeffery: “An event to disarm then overwhelm around eating healthy while creating community. Local business prepares and shares healthy food - you will eat well and leave inspired!”
- YYCShows by Cheryl Johnson: “Comprehensive Calgary concert listings at www.yycshows.com. Links to bands & ticket sales, a show calendar, and information on music venues, blogs and promoters.”
- Dinosaur Dance Party by Brendan McGuigan: “A youth-friendly, all-ages outdoor dance party featuring young electronica artists…and dinosaurs.”
Once again, a BIG THANK YOU to everyone above for volunteering to participate in our first-ever Audience Participation selection process. It’s not something we’ll do every month, but variety is the spice of life, as they say. Did you enjoy it? Should we do more things like it? And if so, what or how? Let us know in the comments or hit us up on Facebook or Twitter. We might just incorporate some of them when we re-launch sometime in 2014.
Our final Pitch Night of 2013 will be on Wednesday, December 18 at 6:30 p.m. at the Endeavor Arts & Events Space.
- What: The FINAL Awesome Calgary Pitch Night of 2013, featuring Top4 Finalists selected by YOU!
- Where: Endeavor Arts & Events Space (1209 - 1 Street SW)
- When: Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 6:30 p.m.
- RSVP: Facebook
So please join us in supporting our four great ideas this month (especially if you voted for one of them!) before we break until the new year.