After an extended hiatus, Awesome Calgary will be relaunching in April 2014, just in time for our Third Anniversary. In the meantime, throughout the year we’ll be hosting various events ourselves, many of which are inspired by Awesome Foundation projects that were funded by other AF chapters around the world!
Here’s a taste of some of the Awesomeness that you can look forward to in the next couple of months (and as always, all of our events are free to attend and open to the public):
- Fri, Feb 14: Random Acts of Awesome #01: Valentine’s Day Balloon Scavenger Hunt (or ‘Rescue Mission’ if it gets too cold) in partnership with Downtown Calgary (inspired by projects funded by AF-San Francisco and AF-Chicago)
- Sun, Mar 9: Awesome Calgary Presents - A ‘Strings-Attached’ themed Awesome Hours at Speed Gaming 2.0 (inspired by a project funded by AF-Ottawa)
- Sun, Mar 30: Awesome Calgary Presents - A ‘Meat-Filled’ Zebra Piñata Party in partnership with ThePinataProject.com (inspired by a project funded by AF-Boston)
- Sun, Apr 20: Awesome Calgary Presents - Cardboard Fort Day! in partnership with Calgary Mini Maker Faire (inspired by a project funded by AF-Toronto)
- Thurs, Apr 24: Awesome Calgary’s Third Anniversary Thousand Dollar Thursday Pitch Night Event
More details to be released closer to the events, but in the meantime, make sure to save the dates and we hope to see you out at some of these!
We’re also accepting idea submissions for our third anniversary event. If you have an Awesome Idea that you’d like to submit for consideration, fill out this form.
Finally, we’re always on the lookout for new Trustees and volunteers. We’re switching to a quarterly minimal commitment for Trustees, which makes things a little more accessible (of course, we also have a limited number of Guest Trustee slots every month if people would like to try out being an Awesome Trustee with no further commitment). If you’re interested in learning more about what opportunities exist at Awesome Calgary to help out, fill out this form.